The Palmerton Pool
The Palmerton Pool is a very large pool measuring approximately 270 feet by 90 feet capable of accommodating approximately 650 swimmers in the water! The tremendous grassy area (for hundreds more people) with more space to sit and relax and enjoy the day.
The pool area has
- A large 270' x 90' pool area ranging from 2' to 10 1/2'
- A large waterslide
- 3 different 1 meter diving boards
- A 10' high basket basketball "half" court
- A 6' high basket basketball "half" court
- A sand volleyball court
- 2 small pavilions (One within pool grounds and one outside. Both can be reserved for private use but are also available for public use when not reserved)
- A smaller wading pool, ranging from 0" to 12", with a "rain tree" for children up to and including 5 years of age
- Eight 30 yard swim lanes (typically no lane lines or starting blocks)
- A men's and women's restroom and change house equipped with showers (with hot water) and changing stalls
- A "refreshment stand" to purchase drinks, snacks, and simple meals
The pool is open from the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through the Monday of Labor Day weekend.